Had "high-tea" w/ L this afternoon after work.. Had quite alot of discussion topics w/ him.. & one thing tt struck me was, abt questioning..
Why questioning? If you never ask, you will never know.. This topic was raised as we were talking abt questioning our own faith, beliefs etc.. We talked abt how we convince ourselves to believe tt the Eucharist is indeed the body & blood of Christ.. This conversation strike me hard because since young, I'd never asked this question before. I'd never questioned anyone abt why is this so..
Suddenly, I realised.. perhaps I am a born-lazy person.. I am spoon-fed most of the time.. & I am someone who easily believes in whatever people tells me so.. You tell me & I will believe so.. I do not doubt people nor their intentions.. I'd always thought everyone is good.. This leads on to: I had never questioned my own faith or whatever I was taught before in church.. The commonly questions I'd asked were, "Why God? or why me? or what do you want?"
Maybe it is good & maybe it is bad.. Questions are good.. as it helps to build a strong foundation & provides a solid answer to our doubts which will further strengthen our faith.. However, I felt it might be just as good.. to be someone w/o doubts.. :) This makes me think, "so at the end of it, am I someone who is just a string puppet dancing in the direction of the one playing the show (ie God)?" or "am I someone who'd really entrusted myself to the will of God such tt I do not question Him?"
Praise the Lord.. tt I am who I am.. Perhaps its really time for me to think thoroughly & ask myself if its really my belief or if I am just lazy to think so much, so I just believe..
**Always Keep Him in your heart. In everything, give thanks.. for it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus..**
Fear not, for I am with you: be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with my Righteous Right Hand. Isaiah 41:10 (In everything, give thanks. For it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Nothing happens without His consent. It is definitely part of His plan for you. Praise His Holy Name!!! Amen.)
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27 (NIV)

No comments:
Post a Comment