.. there's an end..
True.. This is a very ancient saying.. When there's a hello.. there will be a good-bye..
This post shall be backdated to 28/10/10
Frankly, I cant really remember the date.. Probably I shld have backdated this post all the way to the wk before. WF (one of my team mates) has told me tt she has got offers from another coy which she thinks is better & she is thinking of moving on.. & she is asking me for my opinion.. For me, I felt that she's still young.. and she shld move on if there's opportunities. Ultimately, frankly, I dont really see much future in this coy. lolx.
She'd mentioned abt leaving sometime in Jul or so.. but had managed to persuade her to stay because of the new system which I felt tt we shld stay on to help our bosses continue the fight. Furthermore, as she is my "right-hand-man", I felt tt I would definitely be at loss if she is to leave. So, I made a pat w/ her tt she's to leave until after I leave the coy. We are somewhat joking lar.. but she'd taken it seriously.. which is why she was asking me for my "opinion" to leave the coy.
I remembered I'd wanted to post another post few mths ago.. abt how I felt personally esp when I feel tt my bosses seem to be blind as they are unable to see the work of these ppl.. I felt tt I seemed to have "snatched" their limelight from them, giving them no opportunity to perform because my presence has reduces their chances of doing the job. Whenever I am ard, I would be the one targetted to do their tasks (ie bosses') for them and somehow the rest seem to have learnt one thing lesser. I felt tt I am responsible for their learning journey. & I felt tt I have to leave so tt they can prove themselves better.
I was sharing w/ WF abt how I felt, abt how & why I supported her in her resignation etc. because I felt the mgmt was blinded. and frankly, I know she was unhappy partly because of some PR in the office. I could see tt she was "stressed" in a way. All I could do was just to help her reduce some of her stress, to make the environment more "friendly" (so as to ease the tension) and most importantly, to make her feel her importance to the coy.
As there was something wrong w/ our ESS syst such tt she was unable to do her online appraisal until recently, I am v v v v v v v v glad & pleased tt she will be promoted w/ us. Boss shared abt her vision w/ us and their plans for the 3 of us (wf, me + the other one). They have plans to put the 3 of us to NOL (ie the new lab) when the hosp opens.
So basically my viewpoint changed as well.
My boss tried to persuade her to stay and some hoo-hah were happening.. she was quite insistent and persistent in leaving. So my boss called me into the office and spoke to me. I told her tt money alone is certainly not the only reason why she wants to leave and there are definitely other contributing factors. I shared some w/ her and upon hearing it, she seem to have understood more.. & so, she called her in again to talk.. ya.. I was there too.
Frankly, I do not know. I feel tt I am so fickle-minded. Or probably I shld say I am single minded. I shld have asked her to look at things at long terms or probably even to talk to bosses abt it. To think tt she trusts me so much. I'd really almost ruined her future.
Oh Lord my God, grant me.. grant me the wisdom to give ppl the right direction which You want them to go.. not by my own perspective but through Your will.. Never never allow my own thinkings get involved w/ them but allow me to show them Your way..To be objective and not be subjective.
**Always Keep Him in your heart. In everything, give thanks.. for it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus..**

No comments:
Post a Comment