Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27 (NIV)

Saturday, 9 October 2010

Back to post @ work

I was "summoned" back to my original jobscope this mth.. and indeed.. holidays (more relaxing job @ backend) are over.. and I am back in reality..

Work had been relatively hectic because on top of my normal jobscope, I also have stacks of reports and invoices to check.. These are supposedly not part of my job.. but was passed on to me by my boss as she wanted me to assist her.. I could not turn her down partly because I am seen as her assistant and also partly because of what she is undergoing now.. The timing was just not very right.. but I certainly believe God will help me to tide through this period of difficulties..

The 1st wk back at my seat had alrdy "bursted" my ear.. On Monday itself (4/10/10), I've already got 7 reports to write (2 wrong billings, 2 missed out tests, 2 missing samples, 1complaint) as part of filing/ recording for my boss as well as for reporting + billing purpose.. Within the week, I've got several many others to resolve.. clinics that called me pertaining certain report issues.. Drs who called pertaining missing results etc.. I really do not know how on earth I can overcome all those w/o God's help..

Suddenly felt suffocated.

Suddenly felt injustice.

Suddenly felt meaningless.

Suddenly felt lost.

Even though I might claim that last mth was sort of a holiday period for me, backend was a busy time due to projects. Hundreds of samples flood into the lab in evenings and my seniors were saying they're lucky because I am the one to be helping out at backend instead of my partner, who is relatively new (in a way, though she's only 6mths more junior).

For this whole wk, I'd only managed to knock off on time on Tues for mass (as I'd completed all my reports..).. and for the other days, I'd gotten to knock off late.. I was "angry".. not really because I was unable to knock off on time.. but its because of the workload, which I felt relatively unfair to me..

I cannot imagine a nurse who called and can even stay on the line (picked up by my colleague) for 15mins just to wait to speak to me.. & guess what? Its merely to ask me for the price of a test. I was on the other line with another clinic at that time, who was making "long complaints" and I was trying to pacify and rectify the issues w/ her.  I really cannot believe it that she was on the other line waiting for me to end my conversation. & at the end of that conversation, I've got so many other calls to return and all issues were petty issues. Its somewhat more of returning calls.

For these, I just wanna thank God.. for making and grooming me into who I am today.. such that the clients had so much faith and trust in me.. I know Lord, all these wont happen if its not through You.. and that all these happen because of my own gd..Continue to be w/ me Lord, as I carry on to do my job and to bring Your "face" to the ppl ard me.. For I know.. its because of You, which is why they come to me..

Thank You Lord.. for allowing me to be the one whom they can seek comfort and relief in.. Thank You Lord..

**Always Keep Him in your heart. In everything, give thanks.. for it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus..**

No comments:

Search This Blog

Facebook Badge