Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27 (NIV)

Friday, 15 October 2010

Leaf

School term break is finally over and I am back to school this week. This is my final semester of my 4years course & I really thank God for giving me the perseverance to come this far. I have about 4months to go and I really hope I can do well for this semester so as to pull up my GPA for my overall course.

I was on my way to school (walking from YCK MRT to school) when I noticed there were many leaves on the ground. These are dried leaves which had fallen off from trees and they had captured my attention somehow or rather. It resembles so much of our human life.

Just like how human being is a big mystery, likewise the same for the things in nature and tt includes the dried leaves.

I started to ponder upon the life cycle of the leaf.. how it started sprouting and grow from the buds of the trees.. and then fell off from its branches.

Faith is like that of a leaf. We cant see with our eyes how the leaf works mechanically.. but we know the leaves are working "busily" on the trees.. we can see the impact it has on the trees! w/o the leaves, the trees would die off. The trees would not have grown up tall and bear fruits. It would not be a structure that provides shade and shelter. It would not be there to provide scenery and beauty. It would not be there to remind us of the wonders of God.

Although leaves might have fallen off its branches, it is not the end of its life yet. Life does not end there. Life of the leaf does not end in being the leaf on the ground but rather, it is the "energy" to the other plants in its surrounding.

Often time we can see cleaners/ sweepers who would sweep the leaves to the "feet of trees".. & if we can still remember, these leaves serve as fertilizers for the plants ard.

Dear Lord, let my life be like the leaf.. that my life would be useful even after I die.. Let my works be unseen and take no credits but be felt among fellow pilgrims as it bear fruits.. not just abundant fruits but also fruits that last..

**Always Keep Him in your heart. In everything, give thanks.. for it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus..**

No comments:

Search This Blog

Facebook Badge