Indeed.. this baldness is a gesture tt symbolises the promise I'd given to God w/ regards to certain things in my life.. Well, each time I look into the mirror, I would be reminded of His unceasing love and His faithfulness.. also, not forgetting His loving plans for me..
Thank God.. for all these..
Thank God for sending me friends who'd supported me spiritually & emotionally..
Thank God for sending Landings who'd affirmed me "so many times" in "so many ways"..
Thank God for sending me friends who'd helped to donate..
Thank God for sending me friends who'd cheered me..
Thank God.. for giving me the opportunity to do my part..
Thank God for allowing me to know & understand how it feels like to be stared at..
etc etc.. its indeed never ending of thanksgiving..
Well, apart from what I'd posted previously w/ regards to the "shape" of my head whereby so many ppl "jokingly" suggested tt I may consider keeping my style this way as it suits me v well.. another thing hit me straight on my head..
Ya.. in chinese, its said tt losing the hair, its equivalent to letitng go of all problems/ troubles.. 3000 fan (2) nao (3) si (1).. ya.. :P Indeed, having lesser weight on my head somewhat has allowed me to think better.. & possibly reflect better..
Many things came to mind..
(1) my "eagerness" in raising funds..
All the while, I'd somewhat only wanted to raise funds frm friends & relatives.. I was not expecting too much.. such tt I'd forgo opportunities to raise funds frm ministry & faith sharing group.. I felt tt its a taboo to raise funds frm ministry as I felt somehow not "ethical".. or probably felt tt ppl may give just because others give, not because they themselves want to give.. it became inauthentic.. for God loves a cheerful giver.. I felt tt my mentality is more of I will let ppl know tt I am raising funds.. whether or not they give, its up to them..
& frankly, because of this mentality of mine, I felt tt I'd not put in my best in helping them raise funds..
Well, I am really glad of what Jois said when I told her how I felt.. She said, "arent we your friends? dont take us as ministry.. but take us as friends.. all the more we shld support u.. " I am really v touched.. by the support they gave in terms of monetary, spiritual, emotional as well as their affirmations during sessions..
Thank God for sending me this grp of friends..
(2) Feelings of cancer patients
This gesture in a way is to allow cancer patients to know tt theres nothing wrong w/ being bald.. For us, shavees, its in a way a fun thing to do.. but.. how about those older patients? How do they feel? esp when we get back our hair in a few wks time but for them, its of irregular length and its long term..
I was on bus tt Wednesday evening.. many ppl were staring at me.. I'd ignored them as what I'd usually do.. I then realised there's a young bald lady who's beside me.. She's abt my age.. and she's w/ a beret.. as I was just standing beside her, I could see tt she's cleanly shaved and she really looks pale and lethagic..
I cant imagine how she felt when I was standing beside her.. Probably the ppl were staring @ her and not me.. I may be beside her to divert the passengers' attention but.. hmm.. ppl might not have noticed her.. but just as they were staring @ me, they could have noticed her as well..
I just hope and would like to pray for her speedy recovery.. & would want her to know tt she's not alone in her fight.
**Always Keep Him in your heart. In everything, give thanks.. for it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus..**
Ya.. in chinese, its said tt losing the hair, its equivalent to letitng go of all problems/ troubles.. 3000 fan (2) nao (3) si (1).. ya.. :P Indeed, having lesser weight on my head somewhat has allowed me to think better.. & possibly reflect better..
Many things came to mind..
(1) my "eagerness" in raising funds..
All the while, I'd somewhat only wanted to raise funds frm friends & relatives.. I was not expecting too much.. such tt I'd forgo opportunities to raise funds frm ministry & faith sharing group.. I felt tt its a taboo to raise funds frm ministry as I felt somehow not "ethical".. or probably felt tt ppl may give just because others give, not because they themselves want to give.. it became inauthentic.. for God loves a cheerful giver.. I felt tt my mentality is more of I will let ppl know tt I am raising funds.. whether or not they give, its up to them..
& frankly, because of this mentality of mine, I felt tt I'd not put in my best in helping them raise funds..
Well, I am really glad of what Jois said when I told her how I felt.. She said, "arent we your friends? dont take us as ministry.. but take us as friends.. all the more we shld support u.. " I am really v touched.. by the support they gave in terms of monetary, spiritual, emotional as well as their affirmations during sessions..
Thank God for sending me this grp of friends..
(2) Feelings of cancer patients
This gesture in a way is to allow cancer patients to know tt theres nothing wrong w/ being bald.. For us, shavees, its in a way a fun thing to do.. but.. how about those older patients? How do they feel? esp when we get back our hair in a few wks time but for them, its of irregular length and its long term..
I was on bus tt Wednesday evening.. many ppl were staring at me.. I'd ignored them as what I'd usually do.. I then realised there's a young bald lady who's beside me.. She's abt my age.. and she's w/ a beret.. as I was just standing beside her, I could see tt she's cleanly shaved and she really looks pale and lethagic..
I cant imagine how she felt when I was standing beside her.. Probably the ppl were staring @ her and not me.. I may be beside her to divert the passengers' attention but.. hmm.. ppl might not have noticed her.. but just as they were staring @ me, they could have noticed her as well..
I just hope and would like to pray for her speedy recovery.. & would want her to know tt she's not alone in her fight.

No comments:
Post a Comment