Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27 (NIV)

Thursday, 1 July 2010

Will you do it?

Let me start off w/ a story which L has shared w/ me this afternoon:
There is this gentleman, Z, who was so eager to attend lunch time mass out of the blue. This is the 1st time he'd tried attending lunch time mass. During the time spent w/ the Lord (frm setting off frm office to church to lunch then back to office), he met an old man. This old man was in urgent need of some cash to travel to Changi for some "personal matter"..

Guess the old man must have prayed so hard such tt God sent Z to him.

Well, just as Z was pondering over the beautiful plan God had drawn up for this old man, he started to think perhaps the reason for such "out-of-the blue" act to attend mass was due to God's wanting him to be there to help the old man..
Just as L was sharing this story w/ me.. I started to reflect on several things. The Spirit read to me the parable of the good samaritan:
In reply Jesus said: "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two silver coins[e] and gave them to the innkeeper. 'Look after him,' he said, 'and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.'  -Luke 10:30-35
*ponders*

Who do we see ourselves as in this scenario? Are we the priest? or the Levite? or the Samaritan? Are we willing to go "all-out" to help the old man? or do we just ignore him? If the old man was supposedly to go to somewhere near, I believe everyone will be more than willing to help.. however, imagine, the destination is Changi & mind you, it will mean travelling frm the west of s'pore to the east of s'pore.. You cant possibly ask the old man to take mrt to changi or to change bus.

So, are we willing to provide the sum for him to travel to Changi as we are total strangers? esp when your ends are tied as well.. hmm.. *ponders*

This has allowed me to think further.. abt a friend of mine, let's call her O, whom had recently been admitted to imh. O had been looking for me over the past 2wks or so.. & has been asking me to help her in various diff ways.. but due to my own limitations, frankly & realistically, I really cant help. I did not promise her tt I will help nor did I turn her down directly. Just as I was trying to discern whether or not I shld pay her a visit at imh, this thought came.. "how much help can I give?" Its not the $$$ but rather.. the amt of love, the amt of attention which she needs... Can I be like the Samaritan? Whom "stayed" w/ the injured man spiritually through out until the man recovered? to hire the inn-keeper to look after the man? to pay off the expenses w/o asking for anything back? Can I just take the step out of my comfort zone & leave everything into the hands of Divine Providence?

Will I be able to do it? & trust tt God will help me w/ the rest of the works?

**Always Keep Him in your heart. In everything, give thanks.. for it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus..**

No comments:

Search This Blog

Facebook Badge