This long awaited day has finally arrived! Many people have asked what makes me think I wanna do it. To cut things short, apart from raising funds and creating awareness for Children's Cancer, as stated below are some of the other reasons/ motives bhind this action.
This is the day that marks my independence.. (to be free frm bondages/ "weaknesses" etc)
This is the day that marks my submission to God's will.. (my resolution for this year's birthday)
This is the day that marks my agreement w/ God.. (to do only what He wants me to do)
This is the day that marks my promise which I'd made w/ God.. (I will continue to seek His way)
As of today, my friends and relatives have helped to raise $1101.50.. I am really really touched by the people who have helped in a way or another as well as all their support.. No doubt my intention was to raise funds as well as to create awareness.. This symbolic act has actually brought me further during reflection.. These reflections doesnt occur overnight but rather, they're reflections way before God granted me the grace to agree to do this.
These are some of the points which I'd pondered upon during reflections:
- The gift of giving.. How much is enough? (God loves a cheerful giver.. not just monetary but also in act of sacrifice in the love of others.. How much to give? Ans: Give until its painful to give- Mother Teresa)
- The gift of community.. The support rendered by community of friends..
- The sanctity of life.. (How fragil life is.. )
- The gift of love & family.. How much a family is willing to give out of love for the family member who was diagnosed w/ cancer..
This event is kind of important to me because it represents my pact w/ God which I'd made w/ Him sometime last year. I remembered He showed me a movie.. He showed me scenes of my life where I was so crippled.. I am a complete perfect human being w/ all the necessary features & organs in place.. But I was crippled.. I had been crippled for 25years.. & I was unable to move on.. No doubt I'd always been "successful" in school & at work, my life was NEVER meaningful.. due to my own fears..
All the while I have been crippled because of my own fears.. my inner fears.. the fears which have being obstructing me in doing things.. I was ALWAYS either afraid of this or afraid of that.. & I'd never progressed.. I'd never proceed and had never dreamt of accomplishing my dreams..
This is a symbolic event for me to remind myself of the promise I'd made to God.. God wants me to live my life for Him, for myself as well as for all His people.
Just now Sr L was sharing w/ me that this is also a symbolic act for nuns who are taking their 3vows.. & they have to remain bald for 3yrs. Oh gosh! Frankly, I really did not know abt this. Thank God for sending Sr L who'd supported me in this "act of detachment" as a form of affirmation.
Just now Sr L was sharing w/ me that this is also a symbolic act for nuns who are taking their 3vows.. & they have to remain bald for 3yrs. Oh gosh! Frankly, I really did not know abt this. Thank God for sending Sr L who'd supported me in this "act of detachment" as a form of affirmation.
Yes Lord.. for this life You'd given to me.. use it the way You want it to be.. I will never allow fears to hold me back anymore.. and w/ Your grace and the strength You'd given & promised, I will overcome all obstacles that come my way.

No comments:
Post a Comment