I'd been away frm my home parish for quite a while.. or probably I shld say tt I'd nv been involved in my home parish..
I'd started to b w/ them in abt 2008 or so.. but apparantly, I dont seem to click w/ them too well.. ya.. the term which I'd used was "generation gap". so I started looking elsewhere..
I've been praying for opportunities to serve in my home parish.. I'd even thought of joining their catechistical office.. & at the same time, learning to work w/ children/ youths.. few wks after tt, there was actually a mass invitation by Fr Chong to join them.. however, I was fearful tt I might impart the wrong things to the them instead.. ya..
I then thought I might want to journey w/ the RCIA bcoz I see the light there.. I see the hope there.. I'd thought of HSC's rcia.. but I thought of my own parish.. I do not know the ppl there.. By God's grace, He'd arranged for me to meet the coordinator during one of our Faith Journey sessions (org by Lay Canossians) unknowingly and since then, we'd remained in contact.. He'd even invited me to play music for their sessions.. which are held on Mon.. Frankly, mondays are sch days & also Landings days.. so I wasnt really able to make it.. I was hesitating because I do not wish to "abandon" Landings..
As days go by, he'd asked if I would be available to help to give tuition to the children of families of SVDP at St Jo on sat mornings. I am quite amazed at how God is answering my prayer.. to serve in my home parish in a small way.. However, I was unable to help them as I am working on Sat mornings.. hai..
2wks later, they'd invited me along to play badminton w/ them on a Fri evening.. God must have told them tt I am a someone who is kind of introvert.. I am only active when in small group & when there is a big group, I am almost paralysed. hahaha!! The badminton grp consists of only 6ppl..
Apart frm the lobang frm Danial, this mth alone, I've got 2 youths frm SJc asking if I can teach them basic music.. be it gig or keyboard..
I am really amazed at how God is inviting me to serve in my home parish.. However little it can be, its still building of God's kingdom..
I just wanna thank Danial (sjc's rcia coordinator, who happens to be Landings' coordinator kampong friend) for showing so much hospitality towards me.. always not forgetting me when there's lobang for me.. always giving me opportunitites to serve God in ways I'd nv imagine..
**Always Keep Him in your heart. In everything, give thanks.. for it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus..**

No comments:
Post a Comment