Halfway through my report and thought I just wanted to post this as a short relax-break in btw..
Gotten a pressie frm sisters ytd.. w/ my name on it.. it was meant to be a souvenior frm Lourdes.. ya.. the scenario where the kids met Our Lady of Lourdes was printed there.. There's this thinggy thingy little feeling within me coz its such a "coincident".. its a last min pressie and yet God has made it so beautiful for me to reflect upon.. ya.. as all of you know, I'd nv believe in co-incidence lar.. among all of the ladies present, only Sr C knows tt Lourdes is one of my name coz of my email signatures and outgoing- name ba.. I was kind of taken aback.. because I was put in a position to consider the meaning of been named after our Lady of Lourdes.. & also for having a confirmation name ready even before I was baptised..
I recalled I'd "nv like" this name coz its so "difficult" to pronouce.. nobody seems to get it right in school.. they'd always make fun of it and when I told my friend tt its a place in France, ppl will ask if my dad is a frenchman.. or if it is bcoz I was conceived during my parents' honeymoon when in France.. hahaha!! such questionings were still ard today when I met new friends.. but I guess my explanations are much better now..
Well, mum always tell me, "having this name alone, is alrdy v powerful and v great coz you'd always have our Lady of Lourdes watching over you.." I'd always been reminded by mum how everyone responded when the priest baptised me w/ this name.. ya.. v powerful indeed.. coz most ppl are baptised w/ names of Saints but I am so blessed to be able to be named after our Lady..
I remembered once.. when my mum met a taoist priest/ medium friend outside (I dont exactly know who he is lar).. but I was kind of surprised by what he asked my mum. He asked her whom she'd taught me to worship since young.. coz he sees a lady in white watching over me wherever I go to.. (i guess he's those type of ppl who can see spirits beside/ following human..) Initially mum thought its those evil spirits.. but he said no.. He mentioned tt this Lady is always behind/ beside/ around me.. and has always guided me in the things I do, watched over me and also to avoid near-incidents..Yes.. the answer is mama-mary.. coz I was baptised in her name..
Thank God, for sending me mama-mary to watch over me in everything I do..
2nd point which I'd managed to reflect on.. I recalled tt I was one of the few during catechism who'd already gotten 2 christian names before I was even confirmed.. As Lourdes sounds a little "nasty & vulgar" (as mentioned by mum), they'd decided to give me another christian name to go along w/ it..
Yes.. in a way.. a little reflection has allowed me to think tt I was alrdy chosen to be confirmed before my baptism. Yes.. in a way, its my destiny.. its my fate.. God has already chosen me to be His follower.. Confirmation, was a "choice" to be made by those who were baptised.. it meant their commissioning.. to be sent forth to do God's work.. but God has alrdy made the choice for me.. so there's no need to doubt any further.. Although I'd delayed my confirmation, its really meaningful.. to have God who'd allowed me to make the choice out of my free will.. to be of free-willed. to will myself to do His work..
Suddenly thought of this.. Friends had always asked why I've got such a "chim" name.. & what religion I am in.. Whenever I told them, Catholic, they would be.. full of question marks (due to our ignorance when we were much younger).. Thank God for this name given.. For I supposed.. and I believe only Catholics will have this name.. As I grow older.. whenever ppl know tt I've got this name, they alrdy know tt I am a Catholic..
Yes Lord.. its my identity.. no further question needed.
Suddenly thought of this.. Friends had always asked why I've got such a "chim" name.. & what religion I am in.. Whenever I told them, Catholic, they would be.. full of question marks (due to our ignorance when we were much younger).. Thank God for this name given.. For I supposed.. and I believe only Catholics will have this name.. As I grow older.. whenever ppl know tt I've got this name, they alrdy know tt I am a Catholic..
Yes Lord.. its my identity.. no further question needed.
Thank God.. for choosing me even before I was born.. for naming me, just as the way You want my life to be.. Praise be to God..!
**Always Keep Him in your heart. In everything, give thanks.. for it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus..**

No comments:
Post a Comment