Just as I was thinking of my "eagerness" to possibly change job when I grad.. I then realised.. the word "FEAR" seems to have appeared..
My fear
- fear of taking up responsibilities at work.. as I am AFRAID tt I am unable to live up to their expectations.. Perhaps another word to use is "inferior".. I'd always said I dont know what my bosses like abt me (although I know the reasons sub-consciously..).. perhaps I know myself too well.. I happened to be able to perform up to my bosses' expectation.. but tt doesnt mean I can ALWAYS do what they expect..
The 3 offers which I'd gotten .. 1 is quite recent.. are all offers tt require heavy responsibilities.. Having put down heavy responsibilities since 1.5yrs ago.. I dont know if I still can bear them on my shoulders.. Need to weigh out the pros & cons thou.. No doubt I am sure I shld be able to tide through whichever choice I made, but ultimately.. I know it wont be easy..
I recalled how uncle David (my 1st boss) helped me to build up my confidemce when he refuse to take me in unless I agreed to enter the coy as either a sup or a DM.. Frankly, I find tt I am not so capable lar.. so I only agreed to enter as Sup, but not DM.. subsequently, I was promoted to exec after 11mths w/ the coy.. & I was assured tt they will train me (because nobody comes in knowing everything).. As time goes by when I start to gain my confidence, I gradually started to accept the fact tt I am really capable.. However, perhaps my expectation was too high.. I started to see that I am really "lousy" such tt I req for demotion so as to understudy w/ mama C..
As days go by, I realised tt a sup like me, can actually do so much more things as compared to other DMs.. such tt I am also involved in the training of new executives in the coy.. imagine a supervisor helping to train new managers.. which made me really appreciate tt I am really capable.. & to accept the fact tt I am really capable.. Why would those ppl who cant do their duties, accept their $$$ and positions so readily, not afraid tt they might be put to shame..? & yet for me, I am so ashame & afraid tt I cannot do the job well..
Am I readily trying to avoid these responsbilities? Have I alrdy accepted tt I am indeed capable?
What am I really afraid of since I am capable? Its really something I ought to ponder upon.. before I make any decision.. though I still have at least 8mths to go.. before giving my bosses an answer..
**Always Keep Him in your heart. In everything, give thanks.. for it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus..**
Fear not, for I am with you: be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with my Righteous Right Hand. Isaiah 41:10 (In everything, give thanks. For it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Nothing happens without His consent. It is definitely part of His plan for you. Praise His Holy Name!!! Amen.)
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27 (NIV)

No comments:
Post a Comment