This special day is going to end pretty soon.. But it shall always remain alive in me..
I do not know why.. I felt tt I'm only 21 this yr.. muahahahaha!! Its not tt I dont wanna be of my actual age.. but rather.. its the extend of celebration this yr & my own resolutions/ plans.. tt is making me feel 21..
To think of that, I did not really celebrate her 21yrs old bday tt yr.. hmm.. was just promoted to exec tt mth (its a bday gift frm the coy).. & life was busy such tt what I'd thought of was only "sleep".. hahahaha!! There wasnt any plan.. nor any gathering.. nor chalet etc.. just a sweet little key-heart (meaning open heart- kai xin- happy)frm mum.. & its not only tt yr.. also yrs before and after tt.. at most, its simple celebration at home.. a small mini cake (got this for 2 of the yrs) and simple dinner..
This yr, I probably thought it would be the same as previous yrs as my common test falls on this day.. and i cant possibly be home to celebrate this evening.. Thought wanted to celebrate ytd (sun) at home but mum's working afternoon shift & cant change shift.. & also coz I wanted to go for the prayer meet at cfh.. didnt wanna miss it.. so probably thought its gd tt mum's working night too. hahaha! & I just wanted to be out.
This special yr.. was celebrated by several friends of mine.. it was kicked off by Ling.. whom blanjahed me to swensen for bday makan last wk.. supposedly to go manhatten.. but probably thought its not really worthwhile coz its mth end..
then followed by family makan last mon.. its supposedly meant to celebrate my lunar bday (coz at first we thought we cant make it to celebrate our angmoh bday).. had worthwhile steamboat at bb's coffee shop.. steamboat tt's only $29/- for 8pax.. hahaha! where else on earth can we find tt man..
Before I went on my "bday leave", boss gave me a "big" pink hearted-donut... in replacement of cake before I knock off after work.. & sang me a bday song.. !!! oh no! I was so paiseh sia.. no one knows it was my bday.. only she knows.. made me feel so malu esp when my colleagues all laugh till "pengz"..
Before I went on my "bday leave", boss gave me a "big" pink hearted-donut... in replacement of cake before I knock off after work.. & sang me a bday song.. !!! oh no! I was so paiseh sia.. no one knows it was my bday.. only she knows.. made me feel so malu esp when my colleagues all laugh till "pengz"..
Following tt was the zoo trip w/ ivy & the 3kids on sat... a nearly 12hrs zoo-excursion w/ them.. i really had a wonderful day w/ them.. the innocent children, who are always so lovely in the eyes of ppl ard them..
Afterwhich, it was a celebration w/ the ladies at canossians on sun.. initially i'd told sis tt I thought I wanted to celebrate my bday w/ the ladies after the prayer meet on sun coz i doubt i will be celebrating at home coz of my test the next day & also coz we dont usually celebrate.. but I thought I'm quite paiseh.. coz I was really paiseh lar.. hehe.. so i ended up not bringing any cake or what.. however, i am really surprised tt God has everything in place.. be it an uncut-egg tart as my "cake" (remaining tarts were cut).. a candle.. even bday deco.. -.-" ya.. thanks be to God for the beautifully arranged gathering filled w/ so much fun, love and joy..
Anyway, I am actually quite surprised when I reached home after sch today.. ya.. mum + bro had prepared a relatively big cake to celebrate my bday for me.. I was surprised coz I guess this is the 3rd time in my life i'd gotten such big cake (1 during 1st yr, 1 during 10yrs).. They initially planned to make it a surprised one (like what I always did during their bday).. but hahaha!! I took half day frm sch today.. left after test at abt 8.40pm.. & their surprise did not manage to surprise me. hahaha!! but well, I really appreciate it lar.. w/ all the kfc makan and pizzas.. keke.. just as we were talking abt pizzas ytd..
This year is special coz it was embarked by many resolutions in life..
I'd started to reflect a lot since few mths back.. on my studies, my work, my life.. my attitudes, my behaviours, my fears, my limitations.. my achievements.. my failures..
This yr seems like 21yrs old.. coz I am experiencing freedom at home.. just like how a 21yr old get his/her freedom frm the family, I felt tt I am getting my freedom now.. I am no longer restricted, nor am I answerable to every single place I go to.. detailed questioning of who I am hanging out w/.. where I am going.. what I am doing etc.. I am no longer questioned to such extend of frustrations till the point where I may even need to lie to them.. It is kind of sudden.. I just wanna thank God.. for the graces given.. for allowing my family to take a step back & stop "tying" my limbs together.. I know God is behind it.. for He knows deeply tt I yearned for it.. and at the same time did not want to upset my family..
just like a bird w/ wings which was locked up and not given any opportunity to fly.. This bird has been released frm its cage, allowed to fly around within the house.. This bird is just waiting for the day, where the windows will be opened.. such tt it can fly to the open & return to the nature when it came frm.. (*some reflections here*- returning to nature..returning to the creator..not in terms of death.. but in terms of life & service..)
just like a bird w/ wings which was locked up and not given any opportunity to fly.. This bird has been released frm its cage, allowed to fly around within the house.. This bird is just waiting for the day, where the windows will be opened.. such tt it can fly to the open & return to the nature when it came frm.. (*some reflections here*- returning to nature..returning to the creator..not in terms of death.. but in terms of life & service..)
This yr seems like 21yrs old.. coz I'd finally get to know what are the things tt are holding me back..
This yr seems like 21yrs old.. coz I'd finally get to know what's deep inside me.
This yr seems like 21yrs old.. coz I'd finally asked myself what I want in my life..
This yr seems like 21yrs old.. coz I'd finally get to do what I'd always wanted to do..
Thank God.. for giving me my birth.. for giving me this day..

No comments:
Post a Comment