Today is only 19Sept2010.. & I am broke..
V v broke..
Even my savings for my sch fees had been used up..
I wanna thank Ling.. for the night spent w/ me for dinner on Fri.. All it takes was a simple dinner thou.. & a stroll.. & I know that my views/ perspectives are different from others..
Praise God.. for yet another affirmation..
Well.. both of us were quite broke lar.. so we decided to share why we are broke this mth & to do some reflection abt it..
I'd told her abt what I did:
- for OpW (approx 200)..
- my telecom bills (2mths-250; this incl my mum's bill as well.. did not realise my last mth's deduction did not get thro)..
- my broadband (3mths-120; something which i always put aside coz I am not using this broadband)..
- my keyboard lesson ($100; many may ask me not to continue w/ this but I seriously want to continue w/ the proper lesson.. its my dream..) etc etc..
Each mth after deducting all my contribution, savings etc, I am usually left w/ abt $400 for my transport (approx $120-$160 mthly, & it depends) + expenses.. Looking at what I'd spent from above, you can see that it has far exceeded what I could have done.. so, I'd used this mth's "supposed- savings" ( $150) on OpW's items.. took $50 (OpW) & $100 (tel) from my "put-a-side" savings.. & not forgetting $120 (m1) which I'd also drawn frm my "put-a-side" savings.. hmm..
All-in-all.. one comment, " I AM BROKE"..
Probably there is reason for this brokenness for this mth.. just as I recalled my mum's reaction when I told her that I am considering going for a full-time course next yr.. Its a degree course (which incl adv dip) & its 14mths journey.. It took me quite some time before I decide on it and told her abt it.. Well, I was turned down in a way..
Reason 1: I am going to have a nephew next yr.. which means expenses at home will go up & all the more they will need my income
Reason 2: because of reason no.1, mum might stop work so as to be home to look after the babies.. & this means overall home income will go down, so I cannot afford not to provide for them..
I was sad.. I AM sad..
Mum told me that if its possible, I will wait for another 2yrs or so.. until she gets her CPF money & thence, she will sponsor my edu.. I know that is a lie.. I am sad.. I am totally closed to that option.. because this was the same lie which she told me many many yrs ago when I was planning for my Uni edu.. I felt cheated..Probably that is one reason why I always take things in my own hands.. incl this current dip course in biz mgmt..
Going to poly after my O lvl was a NO coz mum was retrenched tt yr & they have no confidence to see me thro.. Reason for not going U was because John was in his final yr in U.. & dad's CPF was unable to sustain both of us.. mum's too.. so I waited.. & waited.. was told tt John will support me in my Uni.. but how naive was I to believe in that..
I was disappointed..
I was upset..
The pain returned to me today.. just as I was thinking that probably I shld really not dream abt my full time course just as yet.. There's actually quite a no. of things which is still on my waiting list which I wanna go for.. Probably God is keeping the best things for me in life.. Probably He wants me to be trained on my patience.. Perhaps He wants me to endure.. I do not know.. God is probably teaching me how to make plannings.. Perhaps I am too rash in making decisions.. such that He is trying to put a stop.. There's more I can do, I supposed.
Thank you God.. for showing me my eagerness.. & to let me know that it takes time.. rushiness will end me up @ no where..
Thank you God.. for always being there for me..
**Always Keep Him in your heart. In everything, give thanks.. for it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus..**
Fear not, for I am with you: be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with my Righteous Right Hand. Isaiah 41:10 (In everything, give thanks. For it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Nothing happens without His consent. It is definitely part of His plan for you. Praise His Holy Name!!! Amen.)
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27 (NIV)

No comments:
Post a Comment