Colleagues and I are missing our boss' grumbling & naggings since the day she returns from her compassionate leave. hahaha! It just feels so great to hear her start grumbling again on Fri. : P although the grumbles are softer than the past.. we are confident tt the volume will increase over time..
Well, as many of you are aware of the passing of her son 2wks ago.. many of us were so worried for her..
She was back to work last mon.. & somehow or rather.. we can see tt she is trying hard to adapt to work w/ the loss.. Work has been quite different for me since then.. because one of my Snr (backend) & I (front line)have to be more careful & watchful of the on-goings at work as my boss relatively distracted in a way.. such tt certain things which ought to have clear-cut conclusion seems more obscure and certain procedures which is supposed to be easy, ended up seem difficult.
It was just last wk when I was told to charge the clinic/ insurance coy for the "supposedly waived-off" case. This package consists of 5tests.. & I'd gotten knowledge tt this package is $7 (contract based).. due to haemolysed specimen, we only gotten to proceed w/ one of the tests (which another tube was used instead).. the remaining 4 could not be done.. I was told to charge the clinic/ insurance for the single test. The test alone would be $10.. oh gosh.. It seem quite "unreasonable" as the single test is more exp than the package. I'd spoke to both parties and both did not want to pay.. I felt tt its relatively "unreasonable" as we would usually waive it off out of gd will.. I ended up needing to look for my boss' boss to seek for a new quotation.. & there, my boss' boss asked me for my opinion.. Of course I said I'd waived if off.. 2 reasons: (1) save all the work to do quotation; (2) coy is so big, this $7 is nothing.. if we are going to charge ppl so "stingily", it'll reflect badly on us.. That was what my boss' boss think too.. lolx.. similar thoughts.. : p so at the end of it, we'd waived it off.
This scenario reminded me of last wk's gospel where the steward "reduces" the debt of his debtors so as to win some friends just in case he really got sacked.. but unknowingly, he'd one way or another, allowed ppl to know tt his master is generous to provide "discount"..
Suddenly felt tt the gospel was literally alive.. hahaha!
Well, work has been quite different for me nowadays.. So basically apart from help my boss to "do some claimings and to trace s/o reports" whereby we'd rec'd their invoices but no rpt, I am also busy w/ helping colleagues to re-write reports (stories) for my boss to do the necessary crediting and claims etc.. as well as some complaints which require apology letters.. as she doesnt seem to understand what they are writing.. (also partly coz some of my colleagues are not very gd in written english & they doesnt know how to present the report in such a way which the mgmt can understand) .. So tt's also my job.. to reiterate/ paraphrase whatever they'd written to the "language" & terms which my boss will understand..
Here, just wanna thank God.. for giving me the perseverance and strength to keep going forward, for being able to remain by my boss' side to help and assist her in blending into her daily work..
**Always Keep Him in your heart. In everything, give thanks.. for it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus..**

No comments:
Post a Comment