Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27 (NIV)

Thursday, 9 September 2010

Change in Shift

It is indeed to my surprise that I was arranged to swop shift w/ M for the mth of Sept as my exams are over & I do not need to go to school (due to sch hols), so I can stay at work later than usualy.. Boss discussed it w/ me previously tt she intended to swop jobscope btw M & I.. but I did not expect her to swop my entire shift.. its the 1st time thou in my 18mths stay.. I probably thought it would just be switching over of duties but would still stick to our usual shifts..

Well, I was on half-day leave for the whole of last wk due to my exams.. & each morning I was back @ work, I would hear all sorts of feedbacks and complaints.. either frm my boss, colleagues, med techs & even clients.. These clients are sort of major clients to us whom always look for bosses directly just to trace results or what so ever.. but frankly, I do not know since when it started, they started looking for me instead of my bosses.. But apparantly when I was not ard, M was unable to assist them & thus they called my bosses directly.. & that's where all the complaints start coming up.

M claimed tt she was extremely stressed.. probably coz she was doing my job.. & she hated it v much.. but the more she dislike it, the more my boss wants her to do it.. its to help her to overcome her own barrier.. also coz boss wants me to brush up on my skills w/ the backend stuff..

So.. my shift has been changed frm 8.30pm-5pm to 10am-6.30pm.. & usually its beyond 6.30pm.. we wont be able to go off on time..

Initially boss offered me either Sept or Oct.. & asked me to choose.. hmm.. as school will be starting in Oct, I told her Sept would be gd.. just tt she'll need to make all the amendments to the time sheet.. Sept is gd also coz 6days had alrdy passed, -3 Sundays, 1 PH.. I was left w/ only abt 20days to do this late shift as compared to 26days (5 sundays in Oct).. muahahahahahaha!!! Its also partially because M will b away during the last few days of Oct as she would be traveling to Europe..

WORRIES..
(1) Landings
The main thing which I was worrying is my Monday Landings sessions as Mondays are usually late days.. where they only get to knock off at 8pm or so.. & Landings starts at 8pm.. sobsob.. & worst still!! I was scheduled to lead P&W on the 4th wk of the journey, ie 19/9/10.. Hmm.. & as this journey is only 10wks, I see this 10wks as crucial period to journey w/ returnees as well as the team.. Its during this 10wks where all the 10 of us get to know each other better and to affirm one another.. & most importantly, become pillars for one another during our spiritual journey/warfares..

(2) Mass
For me, usually I would go for my mass after work.. The timings are just nice for me to reach church abt 20-30min before the mass starts & tt's usually when I will have my QT..  Such duration is definitely insufficient & thus, during sch hols, I would usually stay for longer QT after mass.. Now, due to the change of shift, I wont be able to attend evening mass unless I wake up early for morning mass..

(3) Monthly Lay Apostolate Meet
This mth's meet was arranged to be on 25/9/10 @ 2pm @ CFH (near hougang).. for my usual shift (which ends @ 1pm on Sat), I would be reaching CFH only @ abt 2.15pm or so.. however, as I'd agreed to play for their session last wk (since I would be bringing my gig for jamming w/ the seekers), I thought it would be kind of responsible to be there early for some prep.. So, it would be the same for this mth.. But now?!?! OH NO!!! due to change of shift, I would only get to knock off earliest at 3.30pm.. how how how??

Oh Lord my God.. I know there's definitely reasons behind this arrangement by my boss.. not just to let M overcome her fears, not just to let me be trained in another areas.. also coz its to glorify Your name in a way or another.. Help me Lord, w/ this new jobscope of mine..as I do my best I can in my everyday duties.. Thank God..

**Always Keep Him in your heart. In everything, give thanks.. for it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus..**

No comments:

Search This Blog

Facebook Badge