I was browsing through a friend's photos on fb.. & this question suddenly arises..
Why would I think of that? A friend of mine, who used to be so mischeivous in class during pri sch, is now a v successful person in the working society.. I remember he used to be all the teachers' target.. for being naughty, lazy etc.. Perhaps he is still green in the society.. but from his photos, we know where he will be heading.. He has his dad as his role model.. & he wants to be as rich and successful as his dad when he reaches 40.. reason: he values alot on family.. & he wants to be a gd family man.. Seeing all his family gathering photos.. all the fun, all the laughter.. Remember a time when we tried calling him out for a class gathering on a Sun, he turned it down immediately, saying, "sorry, tt is for family gathering.." Where else can we find such a person now?
Hmm.. I suddenly recalled what a JC friend said when I was so tired to think of anything whilst we were chatting at one of the study benches.. She said, "why work? Paying for ur expenses is the responsibilities of ur parents.." I remembered my 1st response to her was, "as a family, you would not want to burden one another..if ur parents cannot even help themselves, how can they help you?" & i find myself keeping my distance from her 'coz I did not want her to affect my morale.. Well, no doubt I'd kept my distance, I guess she is the last person in my JC whom i saw after graduation coz she's staying near me.. & her parents used to "visit me" at work while doing their sunday shopping..
This actually makes me think of what my friends suggested few wks ago.. regarding the rmit degree in biz mgmt which they wanted to pursue next yr after our dip course.. its a 1.5yrs course.. my boss has encouraged me to pursue it.. but my heart aint there.. perhaps I am still searching.. for something where I want to "invest my hardearned money in".. coz I am certain I will have to pay the fees by myself.. Dont wanna waste my money thou..
These are my after thoughts...
If I am rich, I wouldnt have considered this issue after so many yrs.. when my friends had alrdy graduated w/ degrees, honours.. going on to their masters etc.. unknowingly (they're just following the mainstream & everyone of them are doing the same thing..) & yet I am still waiting for my dip to drop down frm the sky next yr..
If I am rich, I would have the freedom & opportunities to try out different kind of jobs so as to search for something I like, not afraid tt I would have to worry for my next mth's expenses.
If I am rich, I would be able to eat all I want, do all I like.. visit all the places I've always wanted to go & yet, my life is not being affected..
If I am rich, I would have gotten my driving license @ 21, would have gotten a car as my 21 bday present (just like what many of my friends got).. not needing to worry tt I have no $$ to pay for the next practical class..
However...
If I am rich, I wouldnt have known if I really like to study or not.. I would have jumped @ any courses where I like, not knowing if tt is really what I wanted tt in life..
If I am rich, I wouldnt have hanged around supermarket industry for so long.. & I wouldnt have understand the problems which the laymen are facing in the society..
If I am rich, I wouldnt have appreciate my own hard-earned $$ & that of others..
If I am rich, I wouldnt have things of my own (my own properties eg my keyboard, my shoes, my bags, my clothes etc).. My things would have all being given to me by my parents..
If I am rich, I wouldnt have known how to appreciate the things ard me..
If I am rich, I wouldnt have so much $$ in my cpf unknowingly (even though I cannot put to use now), whereby my friends' are still in 1 digit status..
If I am rich, I wouldnt have what I have today..
Most importantly, if I am rich.. I may have lost sight of my God..
That is something which I'd thought of suddenly while I am typing this.. I am not jealous of my friends.. neither am I envious.. because that is their lives.. They are blessed w/ matters of the earth.. I may not see other aspects of their lives which they are blessed w/ but those are what I see w/ my naked eyes.. I may have lose out to many opportunities on earthly things, personally, I felt tt I am more blessed w/ so much more things as compared to them.. such as appreciation of life & understanding of ppl.. What they have are not theirs.. But what I have "is mine" indirectly.. Frankly, I really felt I am richer than them in a way. hahahahaha!!!
Thank God for allowing me to screen through & understand the reasons for not being rich in monetary terms..
**Always Keep Him in your heart. In everything, give thanks.. for it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus..**
Fear not, for I am with you: be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with my Righteous Right Hand. Isaiah 41:10 (In everything, give thanks. For it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Nothing happens without His consent. It is definitely part of His plan for you. Praise His Holy Name!!! Amen.)
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27 (NIV)

No comments:
Post a Comment