Hey hey hey!
Surprised of the topic title?
I'd decided to share this after my boss shared an "answer" w/ me this afternoon, after she interviewed one candidate..
Question 1
Boss: If one day, you dropped a blood tube & the tube breaks. Clinic only sent 1 tube and there's no more left. How would you tell the Dr?
*ring ring*
Interviewee: Dr, sorry to inform you that the blood for _____ is insufficient & we need you to send in a new blood as follow up.
Boss: I'd ordered for _____ which consists of a total of 8tests, which of the 8 is it sufficient to be done?
Interviewee: ?!?!?!?!
Well, my boss posed tt quest to me & asked what would my response be.. I told her tt I would tell the Dr the truth tt we'd dropped the tube accidentally and we need them to send a new tube. coz at least I believe the Dr will appreciate the truth better than having to "accept the fact" tt the blood he draws is insufficient. In telling the Dr tt the bld is insufficient, its equivalent to "questioning their professionalism".
My boss told me tt the moment the interviewee told her tt she will inform Dr of insufficient blood to run, she has decided not to take her in.. because she tells lies.. & we cannot afford to have ppl like this within our coy coz it concerns lives.
I cant believe a simple question like tt means tt much abt integrity..
Question 2
This question was posed to a candidate abt 2mths ago..my boss shared w/ me and had told me tt she would not take her in.. (this girl's work experience was a childcare teacher)
Boss: If a boy is crying & whining in the class and does not stop, what do you do?
Interviewee: Scold lor..
Boss: What if after repeated scolding, he still doesnt stop?
Interviewee: Scold again lor..
Hai.. one comment.. sad..
I remembered I was laughing abt this conversation after my boss shared w/ me (esp w/ those funny actions lar.. ).. My boss turned & posed tt question to me, "Ade, if its you, what would you do?" I remembered my response was, "aiya.. need to find out what is happening tt makes him cry.. if you never get the cause, you never get the solution.. eg if he's crying because he is sitting w/ a bully, no happen how hard you scold, the he will cry much harder.. if its like this, changing seats might help.."
My boss response was, the answer the candidate gave simply tells her tt she is inflexible.. and she dont even bother to think of other alternative solutions to resolve the issue..
I was sharing this quest w/ one of my juniors and asked for her ans (before I gave her mine).. my junior said tt she would gives the boy a sweet to eat at least to make him happy..
I am kind of surprised w/ what my boss told me.. A simple question like tt can let her know the interviewee's "inflexibility".. Oh gosh! She must be really experienced in interviewing ppl. hahahA!
Hmm.. suddenly I was slightly "enlightened".. now I understand why my boss "finds so much favour" in me.. hahaha!! No wonder my interview which I had w/ them (2bosses) took me 1.5hours.. I believe tt's the longest interview ever.. keke.. I'd fallen into so many of their trick questions when they asked abt what I did at work, my responsibilities, posing scenarios, asking me to gave an example of the most stressful experience etc.. Now I finally understand why..
Thank God.. Thank God for allowing me to "perform" during my interview and at work.. No doubt many traps had been set, You'd never failed to carry me across the pitfalls..
Thank God..
**Always Keep Him in your heart. In everything, give thanks.. for it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus..**
Fear not, for I am with you: be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with my Righteous Right Hand. Isaiah 41:10 (In everything, give thanks. For it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Nothing happens without His consent. It is definitely part of His plan for you. Praise His Holy Name!!! Amen.)
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27 (NIV)

No comments:
Post a Comment