Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27 (NIV)

Tuesday, 4 May 2010

Everything is meaningless...

Just as I was showed several passages of Isaiah which had affirmed me further, I gladly flipped the bible to the Book of Ecclesiastes & starting reading it again.. This is the probably the 2nd or 3rd time I am reading this book.. But frankly, nothing seems to stay in my head.. Everything looks brand new to me.. Previously, I was captured by Chpt 3 where I'd learnt that there is time for everything.. & everything is made beautiful in His time (Ecc3:11)..

Yet today, it is the same book which I had read sometime last yr which spoke to me in a different way.. This is a summary:
Everything is meaningless.. Wisdom is meaningless.. Pleasures are meaningless.. Wisdom & folly are meaningless.. Toil is meaningless.. Advancement is meaningless.. Riches are meaningless.. (Ecc1-2,4-5)
From the writtings, one can understand why one would find no meaning in those things mentioned above.. All those are indeed of no meaning at the end of it when we look at things w/ human eyes.. It all seem of much materialistic, full of oppression, authority, power..  but at the end of it, the final destiny is still the same.. Wise man died, fools died too.. However, there is this thing called satisfaction and enjoyment in life.. that we ought to look into..
12 I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. 13 That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God. -Ecc3:12-13
Although the work of our toils may end up not being ours.. its the process.. its the journey.. Here, I see that we ought to be happy and do good continuously while we are alive.. and we ought to be satisfied in the works of our hands.. (does this mean job satisfaction?) because what we are doing and whatever we had produced are of from God.. :)

Guess its on the different perspective tt we have ba.. hmm..

Let's pray that we will be able to see the joy of our harvest at the end of our work.. May we find meanings in the things we do.. & May we be hopeful of what is to come..


**Always Keep Him in your heart. In everything, give thanks.. for it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus..**

No comments:

Search This Blog

Facebook Badge