Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27 (NIV)

Friday, 28 May 2010

Sweet memory

Ling & I cycled the whole stretch of ECP this morning.. Got myself burnt coz I'd forgotten to put on the sunblock (or perhaps I shld say I dont hav the habit to put tt)..Well, we'd cycled the other direction previously & today we thought we wanted to try the other half.. but at the end of it, we cycled the entire ECP..

Thank God for Ling.. coz initially my bike was kind of faulty.. I was doubting the condition of my bike until Ling helped me try on it after we were quite a distance frm the shop.. & she was certain tt it wasnt functioning well.. Thank Ling for helping to determine & change the bike such tt we had wonderful rides after tt.. although at the end of it, its the "gear" tt is faulty.. if we'd adjusted it appropriately, there shldnt be any prob.. keke.. Thank Ling for offering to cycle back the "faulty" bike..

Well, today's journey was quite a "scary" one.. full of slopes.. pitholes.. abrupt turns.. lotsa ppl! Furthermore, today we cycled w/ the "thin" tyres bike.. & they're brand new bikes!

As we ride on the uncertain journey, we see so much joy.. so much beauty.. beauty of nature.. beauty of human.. not just their actions & activities.. but the way govt has made ECP such a popular place for water sports..and Xtreme parks.. the laughters we hear all over the place, the peace where we felt while riding.. the green green grasslands/ patches along the way..

Ling & I ride past the hawker centre afterwhich.. when i remembered Kim & the other one (whom i'd forgotten his name, let's call him A) frm RDA.. I guess tt was the 1st time I'd been there.. Thanks to Kim & A..

Well, just a little intro.. RDA stands for Riding for the Disabled Association & they actually provide horse riding to children who are austic or intellectually challenged as part of their treatment as horse riding is an activity which involves coordination of the brain & limbs.. Kim is one of the senior instructors there who loves children and horses and I really like the way she conduct her sessions.. a lady w/ great patience indeed.. There were some other ppl there but I cant really remember.. I was there merely to help out for their preparation for their annual flag day.. I remembered RDA captured my attention while I was surfing ncss & vwos webbies, trying to look for things to do during my hols apart frm my work (coz i was thinking of going into social service at tt time).. thought it was kind of interesting.. & most importantly, I guess I was able to help them w/ what I have.. & ie my typing skills, microsoft excel prog & my timings.. simple stuff i still can manage lar..

I recalled I was helping out Judy in office tt morning in preparation for their flag day which was 2mths down the road.. (tt was in 2004) Kim & A "jio" me out for their school talk.. I cant really remember which primary sch we went to.. but it was really fun to tag along after spending the whole morning in office.. after the school assembly talk to introduce RDA to the school, we were famished! & we went ECP for char kuay teow & satay! hahaha! the treat was on Kim though, she said tt's the very least she can give me for helping them for their flagday..  but i supposed, they'd alrdy given me so much.. wonderful memories, wonderful experience.. tt period was also my 1st encounter w/ horses.. to feed & watch them being washed..

Shall always remember the days I spent in RDA whilst waiting for my A lvl results.. The way they "entertain" me w/ their hospitality, little tricks w/ the horses.. etc.. Those really were the days.. But its a pity tt I cant help them in long term as I still have my work to do.. they are only opened for 5.5days..

Really awesome memories.. Thanks Ling & thank God.. for allowing me to remember the sweet moments..

**Always Keep Him in your heart. In everything, give thanks.. for it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus..**

No comments:

Search This Blog

Facebook Badge