Shall only post this for this evening..
Obedience, in my dictionary, was to listen to the authority (ie parents, school govt etc).. During my growing up years, the concept of obedience has evolves..
I used to be "obedient" since sch days coz I nv break any sch rules & I used to be students' role models.. As time comes by, I became too obedient in listening to my parents such tt I forgo so many of my opportunities and "overlooked" my intentions such as wanting to be a nurse/ paramedics (during sec sch), teacher (during my JC) or even giving up attending activities/ gatherings/ meet ups/ church sessions etc..
It was when I got promoted to the post of "dept mgr" @ the age of 21, when I realised the real meaning of obedience.. I guess becoming an exec @ age of 21 isnt tt easy.. esp when I was still green.. but seemingly have the "can work" EQ. I believe I was the youngest exec @ tt time in the whole S'pore's branches such tt I was actually quite famous among the top mgmt..
Being a relatively successful person since school days has eventually changed me into a person full of pride.. I saw nothing in front or at the sides of me, except my success & my "intelligence"..It was one fine day when I realised tt what I had done so far, was actually not tt fantastic &there really isnt anything for me to be "proud" of.. Probably I am one of the few who are better off w/ PCs, system, ppr work, values ($$) @ work, but when it comes to diligence, perseverance, discipline & display, I am probably the worst.
I req for demotion to "understudy" w/ mama C @ cck for nearly 1 yr..It was during this period of time when I really begin to understand what obedience is.
Obedience isnt merely abt listening & obeying rules & regulations.. It is also well meant to respect one another's opinions, not to question or doubt their leadership.. but to follow closely to the guidance.. It isnt abt being "attitude" kind of person tt despise ideas.. but rather as someone who is open to ideas and can help to support one another through trying out of ideas which could possibly bear fruits..
I recalled the best partnership I'd gotten frm mama C.. The way we complement each other @ work, was the best partnership ever.. This obedience, which she had taught me, is something tt has lasted me this long so far.. w/o her, I might still be the arrogant A whom you may not know when I was much younger.. & this obedience, has allowed me to work w/ other ppl by embracing one another's faults &different perspective as well as different persons' characters/ personalities..
Thank God, for sending me mama C.. whom had been so supportive of my decisions to further my study, change job etc.. For allowing me to take time off during my exams/tests, for allowing me to go off early when "it wasnt a gd day", for being so understanding of what I was going thro.. & whatever you may think so..
Here, I just wanna pray tt she will have gd health & peace..
**Always Keep Him in your heart. In everything, give thanks.. for it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus..**
Fear not, for I am with you: be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with my Righteous Right Hand. Isaiah 41:10 (In everything, give thanks. For it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Nothing happens without His consent. It is definitely part of His plan for you. Praise His Holy Name!!! Amen.)
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27 (NIV)

No comments:
Post a Comment