I am v glad tt I'd made it to SJC for mass today.
Fr Chang never fails to give homilies that leave deep impressions within me.
Today's gospel is abt the multiplication of the 5 loaves and 2 fishes among 5thousands ppl.
Today's homily is abt seeing this not just as "yet another miracle" but rather what is the implications of this miracle.
Jesus raises ppl up frm the dead because He preached, "I am the resurrection". How will ppl think/ believe it when nothing was done? He raised Lazarus who was dead for 4 days. He raised him up so tt ppl will believe and know tt He meant what He said and He has the power over life.
Jesus spoke to the paralytics, "your sins have been forgiven". Pharisees was saying tt He was blasphemizing, saying tt He has no power/ authority to forgive sins because only God can forgive sins. So, Christ replied if it would be better to say, "your sins are forgiven or to say pick up your mat and walk". So, eventually Christ said the 2nd and the person stood up and walked. So tt proves tt He is God!! Because He can forgive sins!
In miracles, its not just abt seeing how Christ did what we human cannot do. Its for us to SEE what has been done which implies/ validates what He is/was/is to come. Not only did we get to see the human side of God, we see also His divinity.
Praise God for the gift of Christ. Come let us adore Him.
**Always Keep Him in your heart. In everything, give thanks.. for it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus..**
Fear not, for I am with you: be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with my Righteous Right Hand. Isaiah 41:10 (In everything, give thanks. For it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Nothing happens without His consent. It is definitely part of His plan for you. Praise His Holy Name!!! Amen.)
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27 (NIV)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment