I'd missed out mass today as I'd knocked off late.
Thus, I was home earlier than usual.
While on my way back, I saw her. Oh gosh! I'd known her since 2005 or even way before but I dont know her name. She was a customer of mine & had somewhat watched me grow up in the supermarket industry. Similarly, I'd watched her kids grow up. The eldest, ah hui, was in pri sch (pri 4) and now she'd just completed her n lvl last yr.. The baby, ah le, was still a 3yr old toddler and is now in pri 3/4.
Oh man.. how time flies..
I was prompted to post this.. because I saw the strength tt she has..
She was diagnosed w/ breast cancer in 2006.. She'd somewhat recovered when I left GR in 2009.. I am upset.. because I was informed of a bad news. She had a relapse and she is currently in the final/ terminal stage of cancer. The cells had spread and its now in her liver and lungs. She might live for another 3 days.. or maybe 3 weeks.. or maybe 3 months.. or maybe 3 years.. she do not know..
She was touched by the love of Christ during the period of hardship in 2006 and has since converted to christian. I am touched by her positive attitude in living life to its fullest, not knowing when she will leave. She'd shared w/ me tt she is v blessed because despite this terminal stage, God still gave her legs to walk, unlike other patients who cannot.
I will never forget her generosity in sharing whatever little tt she has.. I remembered there was once when I was v v sick (down w/ flu) and she'd made me apple soup + nanxin + beixin + dried fig etc etc. Frankly, my mum dont even cook tt for me. I'd felt so much loved in the food prepared by this mere stranger and since then, we became friends. Indeed.. I saw in her, the living of the gospel values- giving food to the hunger, clothing the naked etc. (give me food when I was hungry, give me clothes when I was naked, visited me when I was imprisoned.)
Lord, today, I just want to pray for her and her family. I just wanna pray for ah hui, ah boy and ah le.. May they be obedient just like how Christ taught us to be.. May they draw/ find strength in You oh Lord.. the only source of consolations and peace during their times of "miseries" & despair.. Be w/ them, Lord.. for the mother had entrusted her life to You.. who'd been singing praises and giving glory to You name since the day she knew You.. For she is one of the reasons why I came running to You.. I was touched. Bless them oh Lord.. w/ Your abundant love.. We know tt You love them.. Thank you Lord..
**Always Keep Him in your heart. In everything, give thanks.. for it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus..**
Fear not, for I am with you: be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with my Righteous Right Hand. Isaiah 41:10 (In everything, give thanks. For it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Nothing happens without His consent. It is definitely part of His plan for you. Praise His Holy Name!!! Amen.)
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27 (NIV)

No comments:
Post a Comment