Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27 (NIV)

Sunday, 30 January 2011

Reverence

I am currently working on this topic.. Yes..

I'd always felt that I hadnt taken God serious enough because He's too gd & too nice such tt I'd often taken Him for granted.. Ya.. More often than not, my ways are indeed not His ways..

I remembered during the 2nd day of guided prayer wk, the grace I'd asked for was "reverence". I'd always felt tt I'd placed God as my no. 2 in life. My no. 1 basically is my life itself. It seems to me tt I'd always placed God as an "ECA".. (a term we'd used in our pri sch..)

Why do I felt tt way?
1) My QT will usually be after work. & the slot would be in btw work & mass timing ie I only allocate 0.5hr to God each day. If I knocked off late, I will not have any time for Him. As time goes by, I felt tt its more like a routine for me rather than genuine wanting to make time for Him..
2) At times on Sunday, I might feel so lazy tt I would refuse to wake up for mass.. unlike the past when I would wake up readily to meet Daddy in church.. Temptations.. indeed..

Point no. 1 hitted me quite hard because I had to skip one session w/ my guide as I'd knocked off late tt day & I was unable to make time for God.. Yes I would have been able to.. but I believe it will not be a fruitful one because it was a rushy one. So I decided to call it off. (luckily I was able to tell that I would want to make fruitful time w/ God & not meet God just because I need to account to my guide on my prayer exp.)

If I really had the reverence for God, I dont think such things could have happened.

Here's my resolution:

My new plan for QT would be to wake up in the morning.. (ya... I know its not easy but I will try to..) to spend the quiet moments w/ Him.. I was "doubting" & questioning myself lar.. until God showed me the scenes of how I used to wake up early in the morning (in the middle of the night) & set off to work at 4.30am every morning. Indeed.. if I love God & truly respect & revere Him, I will be able to commit my morning dawn to Him.

Dear Lord, as You know.. my heart is willing but my flesh is weak. Help me, oh Lord.. Help me to see the importance of spending time w/ You.. Rid me of my laziness in the morning dawn and wake me up when its time for us to meet. Pull my blankets away and pull me off the bed so tt I can be still in Your presence.

**Always Keep Him in your heart. In everything, give thanks.. for it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus..**

No comments:

Search This Blog

Facebook Badge