Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27 (NIV)

Wednesday, 12 January 2011

Misses Part 3

Today (11/1/11) is grandpa's 5th death anniversary.

I miss him.

I miss his fried kembong.. I miss his chillies.. I miss his smiles.. I miss his jokes..
I miss his surprises.. I miss his frights.. I miss his fried fish balls.. I miss him..

I will nv forget how grandpa cooks kembong for me everyday w/o fail when I visited them after sch during my JC days.. I was there, together w/ mum, to help look after grandma who had an op tt yr.. Nobody in the family seems to like the kembong he prepared.. I remembered I was there for lunch one afternoon and as a simple eater, I ate whatever was set before me.. So grandpa asked if I like tt dish.. I told him its nice. Tt's how I get my fried kembong everyday. hahaha!

Well.. I will nv forget the days when he was often rushed to the hosp due to heart attack (& at the same time diagnosed w/ TB) and how he stayed in hosp.. & how we need to put on those safety gowns/ masks when we visited him in the isolation ward.

I was alrdy working as temp staff at parkway lab at tt time & v often, I would take time off frm my boss because grandpa was admitted to hosp & I would be the one nearer to go & take a look at his condition and then to notify/ update the adults.

I recalled the times when he'd lost his appetite and I was asked to coax him into eating. He likes it when I eat. He likes the way I eat because I look like a rubbish bin. hahaha!! I eat all things & I can be a v big eater. I would buy mee rebus/ mee soto (his fav) & simply just share w/ him.. even though I was alrdy v full.. I do not know why.. but apparantly, I was told by my aunts & grandma tt no one in the family could made him eat anything except me.

Till this date, I still misses him.. No matter what had happened in the family, he is still my grandpa.. he is the TEO popeye the sailorman who worked hard out @ sea so as to give his family a shelter @ west coast.

I just wanna thank God for giving me my grandfather.. There is no one else who could replace him on earth.. Thank you oh Lord.. for this grandfather's love which I'd experienced..

**Always Keep Him in your heart. In everything, give thanks.. for it is God's will for you in Christ Jesus..**

No comments:

Search This Blog

Facebook Badge